Wednesday 6 April 2011

Stripey wall hanging... maybe


Started the wall hanging over the weekend, first step is sewing some of the wider strips to the batting/wadding. I am not going to attach the backing to it yet as there will be plenty of stitching to be done and I don't want it to be too messy.




Will start layering on the thinner strips and repeat until I am happy.




 A small stack of some of the material dyed over the weekend.

Had Great fun and managed not to stain too much, although a leak in my glove resulted in me having a fuchsia hand for the whole of Sunday!

Have decided to make a stripey wall hanging from some of the hand dyed stuff, wanted something simple so decided on strips but also quite random with the sizes and organic so started laying out the strips and hope to start stitching them later this week, thinking I may leave the raw edges on them...

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog